FOTONICA is a first-person game about the thrill of speed and traveling flawlessly through complex environments.
FOTONICA is simple, but is not easy: it follows a tradition of arcade games that are easy to pick up and almost impossible to master. A multi-layered level design across eight different tracks, together with a procedural endless mode make for a game that is incredibly deep. Think you can outrun your friends? Try the split-screen versus challenges.
The visuals are a treat for the nostalgic player but also for those hungry for new aesthetics. Every pixel is drawn to convey the maximum sense of speed, an exhilarating journey through light and void.
Ever wondered what running at 140mph feels like?
- Fantastic Arcade Spotlight Game 2014
- IGF Excellence in Audio
- 54th Venice Biennale, Neoludica Selection
Now Available on Steam, iOS, and Android
- 8 Levels to explore and master.
- 3 endless levels to compete for high-scores.
- Online rankings. Beautiful, smooth, and unique vector-style graphics.
- Music by Michael Manning, Nicolò Sala, and legendary electronica composer Baiyon.
- Four-player split-screen local multiplayer mode!
- 20 Achievements to unlock, plus game stats.
- 4 Difficulty settings to let you play an even faster version of FOTONICA.
- Lots of options to customize you play style.
- Two-player split-screen multiplayer mode on the same device!
- 18 Achievements to unlock plus game stats.
- 2 Difficulty settings to let you play an even faster version of FOTONICA.
- Play in landscape or portrait mode.
- One-handed controls: hold your finger down to run, release to jump, hold in mid-air to dive and land.
- No ads, no in-app purchases.
As good as competitive, hold-your-breath-every-second, first-person racing gets
Like Usain Bolt trapped in a feverish tron daydream
Striking and instantly impressive
- 2.0GHz CPU 2GB RAM
- 512MB graphics card
- Windows: XP SP3+
- Mac: OSX 10.6+
- Linux: Ubuntu 12+
- iPhone 4 or better
- NOT compatible with iPod Touch 4th Generation.